Light. Compact. Easy.
A Coolzy portable AC is perfect for trailers, recreational vehicles (RVs) and Caravans because it is small, uses very little power and is quiet. It has been tested in some of the hottest environments on earth and each time has provided a steady stream of cool air to the user.
At only 37 Lbs it can be picked up easily and carried up stairs. It’s dimensions are only 22″ x “10.8” x 15″ which means it can be stored easily when not in use or packed into the back of an RV or van, ready for any adventure. It runs on 12v or 24v inverters and is 110v for use at home. It uses up to 80% less electricity than competitors products which means it won’t drain batteries or run up your electricity bill. A Coolzy is the perfect addition to any trailer, RV or caravan.
Super Light Weight
How our portable A/C works
A compressor pushes refrigerant gas into a condenser heat exchanger where a fan blows air through the fins to cool the refrigerant gas so it condenses to a liquid. The liquid, still at high pressure, passes through a thin capillary tube or an expansion valve, reducing the pressure. The low pressure liquid is squirted into a second heat exchanger called the evaporator. Here the liquid evaporates into a cold gas, cooling air flowing past the tubes. The gas, now warmer, passes back to the compressor where it is compressed once again. More info.
Comparing Coolzy to other Caravan Trailer and RV Portable Air Conditioners
Camping portable air conditioners range from $999 (Zero Breeze) to $1499 (EcoFlow Wave). Unlike the Peltier coolers, they do pump lots of heat. The CoP is usually between 2.3 and 3: these are highly inefficient machines. Coolzy does not mix the cool air with the room air. Instead the cool air is carefully focused at the user’s face and upper body. Coolzy sends warm air from the back to the ceiling, just like a kitchen refrigerator or freezer.
The Best Most Mobile Air Conditioner Comparison Table
Zero Breeze Mark 2
- Power – 240 watt
- Cooling – 2300 BTU
- Weight – 26.5 lbs
- Noise – 52 dBA
- Dimensions – 20″ x 10″ x 11″
- Power – 340 watt
- Cooling – 3650 BTU
- Weight – 37.4 lbs
- Noise – 45-54 dBA (subject to fan speed)
- Dimensions – 22″ x 10.8″ x 15″
- Power – 1200 watt
- Cooling – 4000 BTU
- Weight – 39 lbs
- Noise – 55 dBA
- Dimensions – 21″ x 12.2″ x 16″
What makes Coolzy unique
- Instant cooling, no need to wait
- Smaller, lighter and easy to carry
- Sound 44 dB – 54 dB
- Only $19/month electricity cost, other conventional portable A/C’s cost $112/month or more (12 hours daily use)
- Concentrated cooling to the person
- Patented Focusing technology
- Highest Co-Efficient of Performance (CoP) on the market
The best portable airconditioning unit
Technology has advanced and now there are real mobile air con solutions. Coolzy-Pro
is a ProductReview.com.au awards winner for the Best Portable Air
Conditioner 2022 based on customer reviews.
|Personal cooling 7-15°F apparent
|7-8°F room cooling
|Cooling a crowd 18°F cooling
|~4°F apparent cooling
|340W. ~70c per night
|1800 W $4 per night
|400-2400 W $3 - $5 per night
|50-90 W~15c per night
|45-55dBlow, medium, high
Here is a table comparing the Close Comfort portable air conditioner to a built-in RV air conditioner:
|Close Comfort Portable AC
|Built-in RV AC
As you can see, the Close Comfort portable air conditioner scores higher in several key categories, including energy consumption, portability, noise level, and affordability. It also has a lower environmental impact, which is important to many RV owners. Overall, the Close Comfort portable air conditioner is a strong contender for those looking for a cooling solution for their RV.
What is the air conditioner supposed to do? Who or what needs cooling?
Think about how you use your caravan or recreational vehicle (RV). Do the walls of your caravan, or the cupboards, complain when it is too hot? Do they melt? When you are sightseeing in the heat of the day, do you leave your caravan air conditioner running so the bed does not melt through the day? Of course not.
It is you that needs cooling. You alone. Your refrigerator keeps the milk, butter, meat and cheese cool, not your air conditioner.
And you’re outside the caravan most of the time except for sleeping. Probably you do your cooking outside because it is much more pleasant than trying to cook with one hot plate and 30 cm of space inside.
Coolzy was invented by Professor James Trevelyan in Australia to cool people, not rooms or caravans. He realized that people just need a gentle flow of cool air on their face and upper body to feel cool. Your feet, hands, legs and knees don’t mind the heat as long as your face is cool. A tiny refrigerator with a fan inside could blow cool air just where it is needed.
And that’s a Coolzy.
Focus the cooling where it is needed.
There are several advantages to using a mobile air conditioner like a Coolzy:
- Portability: Mobile air conditioners are designed to be portable, which means you can easily move them from one room to another. This is especially useful if you live in a small apartment or don’t have the space for a traditional air conditioning unit. A Coolzy is the most compact and lightest portable AC!
- Easy to Install: Mobile air conditioners are easy to install and don’t require any complicated setup. You simply plug them in, and they are ready to use.
- No Installation Required: Unlike traditional air conditioning units, portable air conditioners don’t require any permanent installation. They don’t need to be mounted in a window or a wall, which means they are ideal for renters or anyone who doesn’t want to make any permanent changes to their living space.
- Energy-Efficient: a Coolzy portable air conditioner is more energy-efficient than traditional air conditioning units. They only cool the area where they are located, which means they use less energy overall.
- Cost-Effective: A Coolzy portable air conditioner is the more cost-effective than traditional air conditioning units. They are generally less expensive to purchase, and they use less energy, which means you’ll save money on your electricity bill.
- Eco-Friendly: A Coolzy portable air conditioner is more eco-friendly than traditional air conditioning units. They use less energy, which means they produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Quieter: A Coolzy portable air conditioners is quieter than traditional air conditioning units.
Yes a Coolzy runs on an inverter with a 12v or 24v power supply. This means you can purchase an inverter (or use the inverter that is built into the RV or trailer, and use it with a Coolzy.
In this video we show a Coolzy running on a 1500 watt inverter that is attached to a 12v lithium battery. We run the Coolzy non-stop (and at full power) until the battery runs flat. We got 4hrs run time out of a single battery! most RVs have 2 batteries so they could run a Coolzy for 8+hrs! Now that’s Cool!
*A Coolzy draws 340w and around 1000w at start-up. The start-up power surge is less than 1s and most inverters can handle it even if they aren’t rated to 1000w.
Small air conditioners provide limited cooling. Therefore it’s important to understand this limitation and how to use these devices.
A small camping air conditioner cannot cool a whole room. A small room needs at least 10,000 BTU/hr cooling capacity because of it’s thermal mass (the walls and furniture). If you want to cool a small room, with no insulation, you will need at least 12,000 BTU/hr cooling capacity which would be a big, heavy (very un-portable) air conditioner.
A large room, with little or no insulation, will need ~18,000 BTU/hr to cool the whole space (more in hot conditions). This is highly impractical for renters as you won’t be able to remove the A/C.
An alternative is to focus the cool air to only cool the person (instead of the entire room). This saves energy and cost. A Coolzy uses patented focusing technology to focus a stream of cool air directly to the person as a result. The Coolzy’s focused cooling is much stronger than a regular A/C this is spending most of it’s energy trying to counter the effects of it’s super warming evacuation pipe..
A Coolzy requires only 340 Watts. It weighs only 37 lbs and doesn’t always need to be vented. This makes it a truly mobile air con unit.
For information on using a Coolzy in an RV or caravan, click here.
Try a Coolzy Today!
Coolzy is a small, lightweight portable air conditioner designed to be used anywhere you need cooling. Coolzy is just like a tiny refrigerator with a fan that blows cool air directly where needed. Get in touch with us if you have any questions about if Coolzy is right for you. Terms and Conditions apply.Buy Now