Light. Compact. Easy.
A Coolzy is a truly mobile air conditioner. It can be taken anywhere, anytime. At only 37 Lbs it can be picked up easily and carried up stairs. It’s dimensions are only 22″ x “10.8” x 15″ which means it can be stored easily when not in use or packed into the back of an RV or van, ready for any adventure.
Weight Super Light
How our portable A/C works
A compressor pushes refrigerant gas into a condenser heat exchanger where a fan blows air through the fins to cool the refrigerant gas so it condenses to a liquid. The liquid, still at high pressure, passes through a thin capillary tube or an expansion valve, reducing the pressure. The low pressure liquid is squirted into a second heat exchanger called the evaporator. Here the liquid evaporates into a cold gas, cooling air flowing past the tubes. The gas, now warmer, passes back to the compressor where it is compressed once again. More info.
Comparing Coolzy to other Camping Portable Air Conditioners
Camping portable air conditioners range from $999 (Zero Breeze) to $1499 (EcoFlow Wave). Unlike the Peltier coolers, they do pump lots of heat. The CoP is usually between 2.3 and 3: these are highly inefficient machines. Coolzy does not mix the cool air with the room air. Instead the cool air is carefully focused at the user’s face and upper body. Coolzy sends warm air from the back to the ceiling, just like a kitchen refrigerator or freezer.
The Best Most Mobile Air Conditioner Comparison Table
Zero Breeze Mark 2
- Power – 240 watt
- Cooling – 2300 BTU
- Weight – 26.5 lbs
- Noise – 52 dBA
- Dimensions – 20″ x 10″ x 11″
- Power – 340 watt
- Cooling – 3650 BTU
- Weight – 34 lbs
- Noise – 45-54 dBA (subject to fan speed)
- Dimensions – 22″ x 10.8″ x 15″
- Power – 1200 watt
- Cooling – 4000 BTU
- Weight – 39 lbs
- Noise – 55 dBA
- Dimensions – 21″ x 12.2″ x 16″
What makes Coolzy unique
- Instant cooling, no need to wait
- Smaller, lighter and easy to carry
- Sound 44 dB – 54 dB
- Only $19/month electricity cost, other conventional portable A/C’s cost $112/month or more (12 hours daily use)
- Concentrated cooling to the person
- Patented Focusing technology
- Highest Co-Efficient of Performance (CoP) on the market
The best portable airconditioning unit
Technology has advanced and now there are real mobile air con solutions. Coolzy-Pro
is a ProductReview.com.au awards winner for the Best Portable Air
Conditioner 2022 based on customer reviews.
|Designed for:||Personal cooling 7-15°F apparent||7-8°F room cooling||Cooling a crowd 18°F cooling||~4°F apparent cooling|
|Electricity used:||340W. ~70c per night||1800 W $4 per night||400-2400 W $3 - $5 per night||50-90 W~15c per night|
|Noise level:||45-55dBlow, medium, high||60dB||30-50dB||25-65dB|
An evaporative air conditioner (normally called an air cooler), works by evaporating water into the room. This uses very little energy BUT it also is less effective AND it needs to be filled with water regularly. Air coolers do not work in high humidity.
A compressor-driven portable air conditioner uses refrigerant to cool the air. Compressor-driven portable air conditioners are more effective at cooling and work in all environments.
There are several advantages to using a mobile air conditioner like Close Comfort:
- Portability: Mobile air conditioners are designed to be portable, which means you can easily move them from one room to another. This is especially useful if you live in a small apartment or don’t have the space for a traditional air conditioning unit.
- Easy to Install: Mobile air conditioners are easy to install and don’t require any complicated setup. You simply plug them in, and they are ready to use.
- No Installation Required: Unlike traditional air conditioning units, mobile air conditioners don’t require any permanent installation. They don’t need to be mounted in a window or a wall, which means they are ideal for renters or anyone who doesn’t want to make any permanent changes to their living space.
- Energy-Efficient: Mobile air conditioners are typically more energy-efficient than traditional air conditioning units. They only cool the area where they are located, which means they use less energy overall.
- Cost-Effective: Mobile air conditioners are often more cost-effective than traditional air conditioning units. They are generally less expensive to purchase, and they use less energy, which means you’ll save money on your electricity bill.
- Eco-Friendly: Mobile air conditioners are often more eco-friendly than traditional air conditioning units. They use less energy, which means they produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Quieter: Mobile air conditioners are typically quieter than traditional air conditioning units. This is because they don’t have an outdoor compressor, which is the source of much of the noise associated with traditional air conditioning units.
Small air conditioners provide limited cooling. Therefore it’s important to understand this limitation and how to use these devices.
A small camping air conditioner cannot cool a whole room. A small room needs at least 10,000 BTU/hr cooling capacity because of it’s thermal mass (the walls and furniture). If you want to cool a small room, with no insulation, you will need at least 12,000 BTU/hr cooling capacity which would be a big, heavy (very un-portable) air conditioner.
A large room, with little or no insulation, will need ~18,000 BTU/hr to cool the whole space (more in hot conditions). This is highly impractical for renters as you won’t be able to remove the A/C.
An alternative is to focus the cool air to only cool the person (instead of the entire room). This saves energy and cost. A Coolzy uses patented focusing technology to focus a stream of cool air directly to the person as a result. The Coolzy’s focused cooling is much stronger than a regular A/C this is spending most of it’s energy trying to counter the effects of it’s super warming evacuation pipe..
A Coolzy requires only 340 Watts. It weighs only 37 lbs and doesn’t always need to be vented. This makes it a truly mobile air con unit.
For information on using a Coolzy in an RV or caravan, click here.
Try a Coolzy Today!
Coolzy is a small, lightweight portable air conditioner designed to be used anywhere you need cooling. Coolzy is just like a tiny refrigerator with a fan that blows cool air directly where needed. Get in touch with us if you have any questions about if Coolzy is right for you. Terms and Conditions apply.Buy Now